Thin Stock Threaded Inserts, 4-Pack
If you're looking for a threaded insert for thin material, then you've found it.Until now, the length of most threaded inserts only allowed them to be used with 3/4'' material or thicker, but the wide, flat design of this insert eliminates the need for external threads, allowing it to be used in material as thin as 1/2''. Just use a 3/32'' slot cutter or a thin kerf saw blade to create a groove in theedge of your material, drill a hole where the insert will be, and you're ready for assembly. Accepts any bolt with a 10-32 threading.
- Since the Thin Stock Threaded Insert is flat, it doesn't require the thick material of a normal threaded insert
- Wide profile spreads out the load of the screw to prevent pull-through
- Tapped to accept any bolt with a 10-32 threading
- Use a 3/32" x 1-7/8" diameter slot cutter to create the pocket for the insert
- Most thin kerf saw blades also have a 3/32" kerf, and will work for creating the pocket
|Manufacturer Part Number||45030|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.