Tormek Centering Knife Jig
Centers the blade for perfectly symmetrical bevels—glides smoothly along the Universal Support of your Tormek sharpener.
The Tormek KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig automatically centers your blade, resulting in perfectly symmetrical bevels on both sides of the blade, regardless of blade thickness or geometry. Whether you're sharpening a regular kitchen knife or a thicker, tapered hunting knife, you'll get the same results on both bevels without needing to reset the jig. The KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig fits most types of knives: household knives, chef's knives, craft knives and knives for hunting and fishing. It also works for the woodcarver's straight drawknives and the gardener's pruning shears.
Centering Knife Jig Details:
- Centers the knife in the jig for optimal, symmetrical results
- Centers tapered knives and holds them firmly
- An extra stop for tall knives like cleavers
- Ability to shape a slightly convex edge by moving between the two stops
- Robust design with zinc-cast clamps and durable composite handle
- Well-balanced: most of the weight is focused to the clamps, which provides a balanced feel when sharpening
- Slides smoothly with low friction against the universal support
- Works with both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8, as well as older models
- Centers everything from the thinnest knives to knives up to 10mm thick
- Sharpen knives with blades down to 60mm (2-3/8'') long and 12mm (7/16'') wide
- Superior ergonomics: Thumb rest makes long periods of grinding more comfortable
(1) Tormek KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig