This pen blank was cut from a tree that was growing while the Egyptians were building the pyramids - between 4000 and 6000 years ago. The blank is made from authentic "bog oak," which was preserved for thousand of years in a peatbog in the Fens of England. Its dark brown color is the effect of the tannins in acidic water, which stain the wood. Bog Oak works well for woodturning and carving. Includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Each Bog Oak Pen blank measures approximately 3/4" x 3/4" x 5"L.
- Though bog oak is in the earliest stages of fossilization, it turns much like ordinary wood.
- Left untouched for millions of years, bog oak would form into coal and lignite.
- The dark brown color is the effect of the tannins in acidic water, and permeates through the entire pen blank.
- Each blank is sold individually.
|Manufacturer Part Number||PBBOGOAK|
- (1) Ancient Bog Oak Pen Blank
- (1) Certificate of Authenticity
Customer Reviews2 Review(s)
I used this on two pen...Posted June 21, 2013
I used this on two pen projects with excellent results. The CA finished result has a very dark brown color with subdued but visible grain lines. To me it really looks like old wood. I experienced some tear-out when I dug in too aggressively on the first pen, but it still came out great. I suggest really sharp tools and a light touch.
This easy to work with and...Posted July 4, 2012
This easy to work with and polishes beautifully. Would like to find this in larger pieces as well.