Freud® Dovetail Router Bits - 1/4" Shank
Cut perfectly fitting dovetails for drawer boxes, chests and cabinets with these high-performance bits from Freud.
Compatible with many popular dovetail jigs, these bits produce smooth, intricate dovetail joints. Use the 1/2"H dovetail bits for drawer stock, and the 13/16"H dovetail bits for 3/4" thick carcases. Cut all composition materials, plywoods, hardwoods and softwoods. Use on CNC and other automatic routers as well as handheld and table-mounted portable routers.
- Features TiCo™ Hi-Density carbide for longer bit life and a flawless finish.
- Perma-SHIELD™ Non-stick Coating protects from heat, gumming and corrosion.
- Each bit is computer-balanced and precision-ground for the smoothest possible cuts.
(1) Freud® Dovetail Router Bit
5.0 / 5.0
Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 5 answers
Why did you choose this?
for use with leigh dovetail jig
James R on Dec 18, 2017
Which Freud bit cuts a 1/2" wide dove tail ?
BEST ANSWER: 1/2 inch dovetail that has a 14 degree angle will work, length does not matter, and he will also need a 1/4 inch shaft because most guides will not accept the 1/2 shaft size.
Can A dovetail bit be used on a router table rather than a leigh jig?
BEST ANSWER: Should be able to use with any jig, but I found that I needed to use the Porter Cable bits because they are slightly longer and I need the extra length.
Do you have a router bit with 25 deg angle i/4 shank? Trying to match an existing dovetail in a draw slide.
BEST ANSWER: I'm sorry, we do not.
what angle dovetail bit will cut a dovetail tail 3/4 of an inch wide at the tip on a half blind joint?
- Rockler Bead Stile and Rail Router Bit - 1-3/8" Dia x 1" H x 1/2" ShankSAVE $40 (33%) Special Price $79.99 $119.99