Make Your Own Walking Sticks, Book
Learn how to craft an elaborate cane, simple staff, or sleek walking stick with this inspiring walk through the world of walking sticks. The book is packed with valuable advice, information and step-by-step instructions. Learn what woods, hardware and tools to choose and how to perform basic construction, decorative and finishing techniques. See some stunning examples of famous canes by noted artists and wood turners, and choose from the many projects to suit every level and skill.
Make Your Own Walking Sticks: How to Craft Canes and Staffs from Rustic to Fancy, by Charles Self, provides a panoramic view of the world of walking sticks and how to create them.
- A fascinating, colorful photo gallery of famous canes and walking sticks by noted artists and wood turners from the collection of Albert LeCoff, founder of the Wood Turning Center in Philadelphia
- An expansive stickmaker's guide to selecting woods for projects
- A description of adhesives, hardware and fasteners
- Advice on types of tools and finishes to use
- Decorative patterns for carving sticks, canes and staffs
- 15 different plans for crafting walking sticks, canes and staffs
|Manufacturer Part Number||1-56523-320-1|