Rockler Miter Fold Dado Set Plus
Use the easy Rockler Miter Fold Dado Set Calculator to see which blades, chippers and shims you need for the material you are using.
With just four passes on the table saw, the Rockler Miter Fold Dado Set turns a flat sheet of plywood or hardwood into a box with four sides and a top or bottom. The blade cuts a profiled channel through most of the wood, leaving just the face veneer intact. The joint is then folded, hinging on the veneer, which leaves a seamless corner, and grain that flows beautifully through the joint. The miter fold blade can be used to create casework, boxes and drawers with minimal tools and setup, and can also be used as an ordinary 8'' dado set. When compared to a simple v-groove miter fold, the Rockler Miter Fold makes a joint that is stronger, easier to clamp and less prone to glue squeeze-out. The unique locking profile keeps the miters from sliding around under clamping pressure, and creates a longer joint line for greater strength. A common problem with basic 45° miter folds is that glue is funneled to the inside of the joint when the joint is folded closed. The Rockler Miter Fold uses a rabbet profile at the inside of the joint to reduce this tendency. The result is a strong, clean joint with almost no sanding required.
- Just four cuts to make a box with four sides and a top/bottom
- Works with plywood or hardwood ranging from 1/4'' to 3/4'' nominal thickness
- One box from a single sheet of material means perfect grain match, with flow-through grain at four edges
- Veneer can be left intact for a truly seamless look (use tape to reinforce the delicate veneer)
- Lock miter design allows easier clamping—miters won't slide around under clamping pressure
- More glue area than a simple V-groove type miter fold joint
- Rabbet profile on inside of joint helps to stop glue squeeze-out toward interior of box
- May also be used as an 8'' dado set for cutting dados
- High-grade carbide teeth for sharpness and durability
- Non-stick coating protects against pitch buildup and corrosion
Note: Table saw must be capable of running an 8'' dado stack. Some saws may require a thinner arbor nut/flange to cut miter folds in 3/4'' material. Not compatible with SawStop or any other saws equipped with flesh-detection technology. Specially profiled blade is compatible with the included dado set only.
(2) 8'' x 1/8'' 16-Tooth Dado Blades
(4) 2-Tooth Chipper Blades
(11) Spacers (various thicknesses)
(1) Set of Instructions
|Manufacturer Part Number|
2 months ago
Setup is critical, but was much easier than I expected (check out available YouTube videos for how-to).
The ease of setup and simplicity of use are outstanding. No more dovetails for me. My current project calls for 24 drawers\pullouts and this set has simplified everything.
Thank you Rockler and Andrew Klein!
3 months ago
Having said that, see pics + video of finished product. Ply was 3/4" prefinished Cherry. I used a fruitwood stain to blend seams with Cherry prefin after touching up edges with a rubber sanding block with 150 grit. Left top edges natural ply, finished with simple oil-based satin.
2 months ago
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.