Rockler Perfect Fit Dado Jig
The conventional solution for cutting tight-fitting dados for plywood is to buy a set of expensive undersized bits, but this jig lets you do it for a wide range of thicknesses with just one ordinary 1/2'' bit! It is designed to fit into the channel of our All-In-One Low-Profile Contractor Clamps (e.g. #32777, sold separately) for ultra-straight cuts. With its unique dual-pass method, the smooth-sliding Perfect Fit Dado Jig cuts tight-fitting dadoes for stock from 5/8'' to 1'' thick, and it's infinitely adjustable within that range. It's perfect for plywood that is thinner than the nominal thickness, and for lumber that's been planed to an odd size.
Operation is simple! Once you've set your thickness with the scale, just run the first shoulder of the dado with one edge of the jig up against any straight edge, then flip the jig around and run the other shoulder. The result is a tailor-cut dado that fits like no other. Once the jig is set, you can machine all your dadoes for that thickness without having to reset the jig.
Though it can work with any straight edge, the Perfect Fit Dado Jig is designed to fit into the channel of our All-In-One Low-Profile Contractor Clamps (e.g. #32777, sold separately). This ensures that the jig does not wander from the straight edge. To buy the jig together with a 50'' All-In-One guide and Squaring Attachment see our package deal #50692 (sold separately).
- Scale is calibrated for use with a 1/2'' straight bit
- Any straight bit can be used, but the user will have to account for the different offset from the edge of the dado sled. This means you can use a 3/8'' straight bit for 1/2'' dados, or a 3/4'' straight bit for wider dados
- Hooked channels interface neatly with our All-In-One Low-Profile Contractor Clamp (e.g. #32777, sold separately)
- Capable of working with any straight edge by butting directly against the edge rather than hooking
- Knurled knobs and laser-etched scales make it easy to adjust the offset for the second shoulder of your dado
- Made of sturdy, low-friction ABS
- Pre-drilled to fit most routers with a standard 3-hole pattern, and can be easily drilled to fit any router. Fits the following router models without the need to modify: Makita 1100; Milwaukee 5615-5624; DeWalt 616-618; Bosch MRC23 Series, 1617-1618; Ridgid 2930 Combo Kit; Hitachi M12VC (fixed and kit); Porter-Cable 690, 890, 7529, 97529 and 8529.
- Includes detailed instructions
- Made in USA
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.