Rockler Portable Drill Guide with Vise
Get the precision of a drill press with the portability of a hand drill—included Self-Centering Vise is perfect for pen blanks!
Take one plunge with our Portable Drill Guide and you'll instantly feel the qualities that set it apart from the rest. Smooth, precise and free of play, it gives you the accuracy and control of a drill press with the portability of a hand drill. And with the included Self-Centering Vise, you get a space-saving, cost-saving option for drilling pen blanks. Robust handles with comfortable rubber casings provide a substantial feel, while the hefty 1/2'' chuck grips large bits with ease. Unlike similar guides, ours drills at any angle from 0° to 60° using the easy-to-read protractor scale. The depth stop lets you drill to the same depth again and again, nice for repetitive tasks like shelf pins. Mounting holes on the base accept shop-made jigs, while the V-notches let you center holes in dowels and other round stock.
- Smooth sliding plunge action with virtually zero play
- Glassy smooth ball bearings in chuck housing for efficient transfer of power
- Large capacity: 9-5/16'' from chuck tip to bottom of base
- Sturdy 1/2'' Jacobs chuck—works with bits up to 2-7/8'' in diameter
- Your drill attaches to the quick-change compatible 1/4'' hex shank on top
- Sharply engraved protractor scale for angled drilling from 0° to 60°
- Integral depth stop for repeatable drilling at a set depth
- V-notches allow drilling in dowels and other round stock
- Mounting holes on base accept a range of shop-made jigs
Included Self-Centering Drilling Vise makes drilling pen blanks and larger items a cinch!
Our Self-Centering Drill Vise is perfect for pen drilling, but its large capacity makes it useful for much more. Turn the comfortable rubber knob and both faces of the vise close in synchrony, letting you drill squares or rounds in a wide range of sizes, all perfectly centered and plumb. Attach it to the included Portable Drill Guide using the pre-drilled holes to drill workpieces of unlimited length. Of course, you can also use it with a drill press in the traditional manner.
- The perfect pen-drilling vise—holds your work centered and plumb
- Mounts on or under the base of our Portable Drilling Guide—choose the mounting that suits your application
- V-notches securely hold square stock up to 3'' x 3''
- Durable steel and aluminum construction
- Easy-to-Grip knob with rubber overmold for a comfortable grip
(1) Rockler Portable Drill Guide
(1) Chuck key
(1) Rockler Self-Centering Drill Vise
(1) Hex key
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.