Rockler Steel Router Table Cabinet
Heavy-duty galvanized steel construction gives the Rockler Steel Router Cabinet the heft and look of a shaper cabinet with convenient storage for tools, jigs, bits, wrenches, and more. Plus, work in a clean environment with an integrated dust bucket that features a recessed 4" dust port to connect directly to your dust collection system. Router Table Top, Drawer Box Kit, and Safety Switch Kit are available separately. This is the first-of-its kind router workstation made by Rockler woodworkers!
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel construction gives it the heft and look of a shaper cabinet
- Internal dust bucket
- Enough storage to hold all your router accessories
- Storage for router bits, wrenches, jigs, and more
- Integrated dust collection provides a safe workspace and a cleaner cabinet
- Internal dust bucket has a 4" recessed dust port that minimizes wall clearance when connecting to a dust collection system
- Pre-drilled mounting holes compatible with all Rockler router tables as well as many brand name tables
- Add a shelf or shop-made drawer with our Drawer/Shelf Bracket(#42724, sold separately)
- Steel cabinet is pre-tapped for adding the optional Safety Router Switch (#20915, sold separately). Also required are Safety Switch Mounting Bracket (#42706, sold separately) and 1-3/4” Black Grommet (#50125, sold separately). Bracket installs quickly and easily because all holes match perfectly with the pre-tapped holes in the Router Cabinet.
- A pair of heavy-duty casters and levelers give you mobility when you need it
(2) Heavy-duty casters and levelers
|Dimensions||35-1/2"H x 28"W x 18"D|
7 months ago
It turns out that all my fears were for naught. The directions were perfectly clear, and the assembly was a breeze. Only one screw hole didn’t line up well, but all it took was a punch to find the hole on the back side of the top shelf and a clamp with slight pressure diagonally across the top and it went right in.
That said, some common sense is required. For example, don’t tighten all the screws from the current step until the next step has been completed. Then go back and tighten them. Make sure the assembly is square and perpendicular at each step. Don’t force anything, etc.
I chose to substitute the Indra router lift for the Rockler lift included with the package. For an extra $30 it was well worth it.
I’ve had the unit together now for a couple of weeks and have used it on several occasions. All went according to plan.
I would highly recommend this router table package.
7 months ago
The one issue I had is that the self tapping screws that secure the top of the stand (under the actual router table) were too small. Too small in width and possibly length. Since this stand sits on 2 casters and 2 levelers, you have to move it like a wheel barrow. Not a big deal, but the first time I lifted on the router table to move the stand, every single screw popped out of top of the stand. Luckily I caught it quickly and avoided any damage.
I solved the issue by buying a pack of 1” 8-32 bolts with nuts. I removed all the self tapping screws and added the nuts and bolts in each hole and now the stand is rock solid. Not a super big issue but it was annoying having to run to the store and pay extra money to finish assembling this already pricey stand.
Also since I couldn’t find the answer to this question anywhere beforehand, the Ready2Rout motorized router lift WILL fit this stand and dust bucket. I was worried as I ordered both items at the same time and clearly knew the motorized lift was bigger than a normal one, but luckily it fits. It’s a little tight and you’ll have to tilt the lift hard to one side to get it in and out, but it fits none the less.
As another reviewer pointed out there are a lot of machine screws that have to be installed to assemble the cabinet; if this cabinet were sold pre-assembled there would be rivets or spot welds in lieu of the screws. My colleague and I used a 12 volt impact gun judiciously, a #2 Phillips screwdriver, and a stubby #2 Phillips driver to assemble the cabinet - between the two of us shop teachers it took us an hour to assemble the cabinet. The instructions are clear and concise, anyone who has mechanical inclinations will have no troubles assembling the cabinet. Tip: Attach one of the three magnets included with the cabinet to your Phillips screwdriver to hold onto the screws (8-32 x 3/16" or 1/4") and a magnetic tip for your impact driver.
I highly recommend this cabinet, you will not be sorry you bought one, Well done Rockler!
over 2 years ago
over 4 years ago