2-1/2'' Movable Louver w/Hidden Control Arm Shutter Jig and Hardware
Creating your own custom shutters is easy! First consult the Measuring Guide to obtain your dimensions. Then enter the shutter dimensions into the Design Wizard to get your FREE downloadable plan. The plan includes a detailed list of all the supplies you'll need to construct your custom shutters!
Step 1: Measuring Guide
Step 1: Design Wizard
Whether you're a hobbyist or a professional woodworker, Rockler's 2-1/2'' Louver Shutter Template Set makes building your own Plantation-style Shutters easy and affordable. Build movable louver styles and save up to 75% over the cost of custom ordered shutters! It couldn't be easier with exclusive Rockler jigs, hardware, and pre-shaped louvers.Featuring Hidden Control Arm Functionality! Rear-mounted control arms lend a clean, modern look to your wooden shutters, and this jig (#45143, sold separately) makes it easy to drill the necessary holes without splitting. The kit includes a jig and a self-centering drill bit. Just slip the jig over the end of the louver, and use the bit to drill a perfectly placed pilot hole to accept a nail for the control arm. In addition to the Louver Template Set and Hidden Control Arm Jig, you will need a Hidden Control Arm (#49991, sold separately) and for added convenience, Stainless Steel Nails (#45400, sold separately).
Plus, with our online Shutter Design Wizard, you'll get a FREE Downloadable Plan for creating custom shutters, complete with detailed technical drawings, cross-section diagrams, elevations, and lists of all the supplies you need to complete your project! Before entering your dimensions into the design wizard, consult the Measuring Guide to determine your final shutter panel dimensions.
- Easy, do-it-yourself jigs and templates for creating movable or fixed plantation-style shutters
- Jigs make it a fool-proof process for drilling louver and control arm holes
- Includes three self-centering bits for drilling shutter pin holes and control arm holes
- Drill bits have self-centering tips that fit perfectly into specific shutter template mounting holes
- A spring-loaded guide in the drill bits retract as pressure is applied and the drill bit advances
- Self-centering drill bit ensures precise hole location, which is critical for even spacing of your louvers
- Hidden Control Arm Jig: Drilling Jig for Hidden Shutter Control Arm features an extruded aluminum fence and a thick, laser-cut acrylic template
(1) Louver jig
(1) 3/32'' Shutter drilling bit
(1) 1/4'' Shutter drilling bit
(1) 9/64'' Shutter drilling bit
(2) 1/4'' Index pins
(1) Free downloadable plan
(1) Complete step-by-step instructions
- Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.