Corner Key Doweling Jig with Set of 3 Drill Bits
Beautify and strengthen mitered joints using hardwood dowels and other materials—includes all 3 drill bits!
Our Corner Key Doweling Jig lets you join mitered corners by running dowels through the joint at 45°. The exposed oval dowel ends result in a unique decorative effect, and the dowels serve to strengthen the joint, much like splines. You can use solid wood dowels in a contrasting species, non-ferrous metal tubes, a combination of both, or even tie the joint together with leather laces. More advanced decorative effects can be achieved by double-drilling to create dowels with a multi-layered core. The jig makes the angled drilling accurate and easy. No other product on the market offers the same functionality, repeatability and convenience.
- Creates beautiful, decorative mitered joints, and also strengthen mitered corners on boxes, drawers and more
- Once set, the jig can be easily moved and re-clamped to drill the next hole (clamps sold separately)
- Precisely molded reference lines and clear alignment window for fast, accurate setups
- Includes 1/8'', 1/4'' and 3/8'' drill guide assemblies and all three corresponding drill bits
(1) 1/8'' guide
(1) 1/4'' guide
(1) 3/8'' guide
(1) Extended-Length Drill Bit, 1/8'' Dia. x 6'' Long
(1) Extended-Length Drill Bit, 1/4'' Dia. x 6'' Long
(1) Extended-Length Drill Bit, 3/8'' Dia. x 6'' Long
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.