Full-Size Ergonomic Carbide Turning Tool, Square Radius
Take a close look at the edge of this carbide cutter and you'll realize it's not actually square. Instead, each of its four edges is slightly crowned with a 2'' radius. This subtle change makes the cutter excellent for smoothing cuts. The replaceable, rotatable cutter eliminates the hassle and downtime of sharpening. Simply rotate the carbide cutter for a fresh, sharp edge, and replace it once all edges have grown dull. Solid carbide stays sharp for longer when compared with steel, giving you a much longer useful life. The shaft features a flattened back for stability when using the tool rest, and the handles are made of solid ash encased with a thick, molded rubber end for an enhanced grip and reduced fatigue. They're great for beginning to advanced woodturners, ensuring quick success without the frustration of dull tools. Since you don't need to invest hundreds of dollars into sharpening equipment, they're also an excellent value.
- Excellent for smoothing cuts and convex surfaces
- Total overall length of approximately 19-1/2'' provides the leverage needed for heavy work
- No sharpening needed, thanks to the replaceable, rotatable carbide cutter
- Ash handles are coated with a soft, grippy rubber for a secure, effortless grip and excellent ergonomics
(1) SR2 Carbide Cutter (pre-installed)
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.