Rockler Keyhole Slot Router Bits - 1/4" Shank
Use the keyhole slot cutter to rout a vertical or horizontal slot for hanging pictures and other wall hangings. The finished slot has a wide end that accepts a screw, while the narrower section captures the screw head. Simply plunge the bit through to create the larger diameter, then rout laterally to create the narrower slot. Keyhole slots are also sometimes used for knock-down furniture.
- Makes a 3/8" entry hole and blind slot for positive hanging on a headed fastener.
- Use the slot cutter to cut a vertical slot for hanging pictures with a centered slot.
- Rout two or more horizontal slots for larger hangings.
- For added convenience, use with our Picture Hanging Keyhole Template. We recommend using the 3/8" Hanging Slot Router Bit (92024) and 5/8" Short Shank Guide Bushing and Nut (38756) with the template (Sold Separately).
- Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.