Jet® 8'' Bench Top Jointer/Planer Combo
If you've got a small shop, or limited space on the job, the new JET® B3NCH 8" Jointer/Planer Combo is right for you. This powerhouse has features usually only found on big floor models. Precision adjustment knobs, compact design, and a powerful 13 Amp motor are only a few features that make this jointer/planer the right choice for wherever you may need it.
- Combination bench top jointer & planer provides a 2 in 1 machine to maximize work space
- Integrated cord wrap makes transporting easy and ensures workshop safety
- Compact bench top design fits conveniently in small shop environments
- Heavy Duty 13 Amp motor for various cutting applications
- Two high speed steel knives for precise, smooth cuts
- Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control
- Large aluminum extruded fence makes joining stable and precise
- Sheet metal out feed table with height adjustment supports long work pieces and helps reduce snipe
- Planing and joining tables lock to ensure precision cutting
- Precision machined table top ensures a smooth, straight cut
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated delivery time: 15 business days
|Manufacturer Part Number||707400|
|Jointer Cutterhead Speed||9000 RPM|
|Dust Collection||2-1/2", 4" Port|
Now what I didn't like so much about it. First, the interaction manual that comes with it is terrible. You are better off not having one at all it is so bad. One of the nuts that came with the machine didn't have threads cut in it so the out feed table for the planer is only held on with 2 screws right now. Not a huge deal, but should have been caught. You can't turn the machine on without the dust collection housing being attached. Again, not a huge deal but it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the owners manual and took me about 5 min to figure out why the machine wouldn't start. Finally, the last issue I have is with the gauges that tell you how much material you are removing. For the jointer, it is just a little sticker that you can move around with your finger. No way to calibrate it and not something that seems very permanent. For the planer the gauge is a little more permanent; however, it is in tenths. Why they would make the gauge in tenths, especially when the manual recommends cuts no bigger than 1/16th at a time, I don't know.
Overall, I am impressed with what this machine can do considering all the bigger it is and how much it cost. It definitely isn't a professional grade machine, but for the hobby woodworker it will work just fine in my opinion.
- Powermatic® 8'' Parallelogram Jointer$2,599.99
- Jet® 6'' Deluxe Jointer w/Quick-Set Knives, Model JJ-6CSDXSpecial Price $989.99 Regular Price $1,099.99
- Jet® 6'' Long Bed Jointer w/Helical HeadSpecial Price $1,349.99 Regular Price $1,499.99