Laguna JX|8 ShearTec II 3HP 1-Phase 8'' Jointer
8'' ShearTecII cutterhead with 4-sided carbide inserts for supremely clean, quiet cuts—knee-activated stop bar runs the full length of the body.
The Laguna JX|8 ShearTecII 3HP jointer is loaded with premium features for convenience and accuracy. The JX|8 depth is adjusted with a precision parallelogram system. It comes standard with built-in wheels and a cast iron fence. A knee-activated stop bar runs the length of the body, letting you quickly stop the machine from any position without letting go of your work. The body is ergonomically designed to allow the operator's feet to slide under the machine, and the infeed table is now fitted with a pull-out roller support for long workpieces. The 6-row ShearTecII cutterhead features 4-sided solid carbide inserts with a T-shoulder rather than a cone-shaped design, which helps prevent cracking of the inserts. Each insert features a slightly crowned leading edge and is set in a spiral pattern for a true shear cut. Deep gullets make dust and chips disappear quickly, which also produces a better finish. And ShearTecII has another advantage: it is much quieter than a conventional cutterhead.
- Parallelogram table adjustments travel along an arc to keep the same distance to the cutterhead through its travel
- Knee stop uses a full-length bar at knee height to shut off the jointer
- Body is designed with a toe-kick to allow the user to stand closer for more comfortable material feeding
- Infeed table is now fitted with pull-out support roller to help support longer materials
- ShearTec II cutterhead comes as standard equipment for smooth cuts and less noise
(1) Laguna JX|8 ShearTec II 3HP 1-Phase 8'' Jointer
(1) Set of leveling feet and casters
(1) Dust port
(2) Push blocks
With the Rockler Protection Plan you'll get accidental damage coverage immediately upon purchase of your tool. Plus we will extend the manufacturer's warranty for your choice of an additional 1 or 2 years. We'll take care of all parts and labor for any repairs with no deductibles and no hassles. If your tool can not be repaired we'll gladly replace it. Available in the US only. Click here to learn more.
Standard Manufacturer's Warranty: 24 months once registered in the first 30 days
|Manufacturer Part Number||MJ8X72P-0130|
- This item will ship directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Please allow up to 7 business days for your shipment to be prepared.
- Additional shipping charges may apply and will be noted below the price.
- Items shipped by truck are delivered to the curbside only.
- 25% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
- Please call customer service before returning product.
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood