Jet 718200K 2HP 8'' Jointer with Closed Stand
Thanks to it's generously proportioned 6' bed, powerful 2HP motor and completely enclosed stand, the JET JWJ-8CS 8'' Jointer is well-equipped for professional shops and hobby shops alike. A quiet, smooth-running motor provides the oomph to face plane wide boards, while the extra-long precision-machined cast iron infeed and outfeed tables allow you to joint longer boards with less risk of tipping. Front-mounted handwheels make table adjustments quick, easy and accurate. For bevel cuts, the two-way tilting fence has positive stops at 45° and 90° for quick setups. A rabbeting ledge lets you quickly hog out rabbets without having to set up your router table.
- Three HSS knives rotate at 16,500 cuts per minute for a smooth finish
- Extended length infeed and outfeed tables accommodate longer materials with less risk of tipping
- Large, front-mounted chrome handwheels and easy-to-reach locks make for fast, simple table adjustments
- Tall, rigid fence provides stable support and accurate angles
- Tilting fence angles in both directions, and has positive stops at 45° and 90°
- Dual-position magnetic controls protect the motor from potential electrical supply issues
- Integral 4'' dust chute connects easily to your collection system
- Fence adjustment levers are conveniently located in the center of the fence
- There is an additional $85.00 shipping charge for this item.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated Delivery time: 15 business days.
- The carrier will need to know if delivery is to a residential address. There is no charge for this.
- The delivery truck will need a lift gate if loading dock is not available. There is no charge for this.
- 15% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
- Please call customer service before returning product.
|Manufacturer Part Number||718200K|
1 year ago
So, I bought a 6x18 precision granite surfacing slab. Tape across one end to ride on flat part of table, and strip of sand paper on other end to work down the hump. You can see the scratch marks in the picture on the high spot. I'm getting close to flat. . There is a small hump on the outfeed table as well, which you can see the scratches on in the picture. It's a lot of work and ridiculous to have to do after spending so much on what is supposed to be a quality piece from a quality manufacturer. I also have a 17" jet bandsaw. Unfortunately, I'm done with Jet. They refused to consider the context of where the defect was and only focused on it being lest then their tolerance.
5 months ago