Ships directly from the manufacturer.
Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
Estimated Delivery time: 15 business days.
15% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
Please call customer service before returning product.
Jet® JDP-15F Floor-Standing 15'' Drill Press
With its powerful 3/4HP motor and a full 3-1/8'' of spindle travel with just one turn of the handle, the JET JDP-15F 15'' Floorstanding Drill Press makes quick work of drilling holes in even the thickest stock. And with the Xacta laser crosshairs, you'll know exactly where the drill bit will land. The sturdy cast iron head, base and table provide stability and dampen vibration, while the one-handed belt-tensioning system allows easy speed changes.
- Spindle travels a full 3-1/8'' with one revolution of the handle
- Large 12-1/2'' x 17'' precision-ground work table features twin T-slot grooves and 4 table slots
- One-handed belt tensioning for rapid speed changes
- Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button
- Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy
- Xacta-X laser system easily locates the center of the drill bit
- Long-lasting, built-in LED work light reduces shadows
- Table edge lip for easy clamping
- Replaceable MDF table insert
- Large cast iron base for stability
- Powered by an efficient 3/4HP, 1Ph, 115V TEFC motor and poly V-belt drive system
- CSA Certified
|Manufacturer Part Number||716250|
The following are the features that attracted me to this model.
Heavy construction, cast metal head. Seems very sturdy.
This unit can make a hole an impressive 5 inches deep. I find normal drill press have a drilling depth of only 3 inches.
Uses a flat belt drive for great traction. Multi pully layout supports 16 speeds. Uses an idler roller that is easy loosen belts, make changes and quickly re-tension.
Large power button, and off paddle in the front of the unit.
The drilling table has several features that are attractive to wood workers:
-Angled slots for easy positioning of hold down devices.
-Large square table for you projects.
-T-Slots built into cast metal table for alternate use of other T-slot hold down clamps that may already be in your shop.
-Easily replaceable sacrificial square drilling block in the middle of the table. Takes standard 3/4" stock and has leveling thumb screws for the block built into the table.
-Moderately easy to adjust table height.
-Table can be tipped for angle drilling up to 90 degrees
Has built in laser cross hair to align work. Cross hair accuracy is good.
Has built in work light. It is an LED unit that has a narrow focus and points straight down. Unfortunately it lights the drill press post better than the work surface. This is a negative.
The power cords needs to another 3-4 Ft longer. Would help avoid extension cords.
The bright green LED power on light is right at my eye level abd somewhat annoying.
Overall I give this unit two thumbs up.