KV8091 Slides & Pocket Door System - Pocket Door Slides
Specially designed to hold over-sized full overlay doors as well as inset, thick door inset and partial overlay doors up to 75 lbs. and 72" high.
- Ideal for use in entertainment and home theater cabinets
- Heavy-duty slides feature dual rack and pinion system that virtually eliminates door sag
- Precision steel ball bearings provide smooth and quiet operation
- Innovative indexing pin allows easy alignment and installation
Required for full overlay installation:
- Pocket Door Slide: Available in various lengths, one set required per door
- Full Overlay Hinge Kit (#20072, Sold separately): provides a full overlay on 3/4" thick doors. Kit includes two full overlay brackets, four 40mm overlay hinges, four hinge bases, cover caps, instructions, felt pads and mounting hardware.
- 72" Long Follower Rod (#21087, Sold separately): can be cut to desired length.
Pocket Door Slides can be fitted to more applications than just full overlay. Also available are Inset/Face Frame hinges (27906), Partial Overlay hinges (#25929, sold separately), or Thick Door Inset Hinges (#26446, sold separately) for thick door applications (1-1/4" Maximum Thickness). 2 packs required per door.
- Requires a hinge kit (sold separately) for operation/installation.
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
over 4 years ago
Secondly, the very small phillips head screws you see in the photo only have about two or three threads, so using a door anywhere larger or heavier than maybe a small cabinet will cause this plate to warp enough to allow the screws to pop our of their threads, leaving you holding the door while screws rain into the cabinet and onto the floor.
to roll back in as deep as possible and how many slides are required
You must be aware that your door is over the max height of 72", and max thickness of 1 1/4 " that the manufacturer recommends. With a door that large I would not use less than 4. Check all the components that are required for the installation. You will need to purchase the hinge kits, plus a 72" follower rod. All are separate from the pocket slides. I have deviated from the manufacturers recommended dimensions on other installations, but you do so at your own risk. I hope this info helps you and good luck with your project.
Good Luck and great idea
I must say that I find your solution very interesting and a great solution to your problem. I hope this helps, and good luck with your project.