Sorby 6-Piece Woodturning Set with Book and DVD (Woodturning: A Foundation Course)
Robert Sorby's flagship set of turning tools is designed to fill the needs of woodturners from beginner to professional. These high-quality tools will shorten the learning curve for those just starting out, and are sure to impress the seasoned woodturner. The set comprises six of Robert Sorby's core range of tools: a roughing gouge, spindle gouge, bowl gouge, skew, parting tool and scraper. Each tool is crafted from the highest quality high speed steel, and married to a comfortable handle turned from solid ash. The set arrives in a high quality box that provides an attractive presentation as a gift, and practical storage thereafter.
- 3/4'' spindle roughing gouge turns square stock round, a real work horse
- 3/8'' spindle gouge for detailing spindle turnings
- 3/8'' bowl gouge makes light work of the hardest material and will quickly turn bowls
- 3/4'' standard skew chisel provides a slightly 'rolled' edge to help guard against catching an edge; retains much of its weight, making it ideal for larger spindle work like newel posts and table legs
- 1/8'' parting tool for parting off work and making detail cuts
- 1/2'' round nose scraper works great for bowls and platters
Package includes an instructional book and companion DVD that introduces fundamental skills to beginners and polishes the skills of more advanced turners.
Woodturning - a Foundation Course has enjoyed immense popularity over the years thanks to its in-depth coverage of the fundamentals: lathes, tools, sharpening, and essential skills. With this, the latest edition of the international bestselling book, comes a DVD that helps to reinforce the knowledge and skills outlined in the pages. It offers beginning turners an approachable entry into the craft, and serious furniture makers the skills to create chair legs, newels, balusters, and more. The 90-minute companion DVD demonstrates the techniques in visual detail, allowing you to review any part of the course whenever you wish.
(1) 3/8'' Spindle gouge (840H)
(1) 3/8'' Bowl gouge (842H)
(1) 3/4'' Standard skew chisel (810H)
(1) 1/8'' Parting tool (830H)
(1) 1/2'' Round nose scraper (820H)
(1) Storage case
(1) Woodturning: A Foundation Course, Book
(1) Companion DVD
|Manufacturer Part Number||A67HS6T|
|Tech Spec||Turning Tools:
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.