Curly Maple by the Piece-3/4" Thickness
Fully surfaced on all 4 sides to actual dimensions.
This curly soft maple is highly figured with tiger-striped rays running perpendicular to the grain pattern. Along with the wood's light color, this striping lends a shimmering quality to the lumber. Even unfinished, the wood has a very pleasing interaction with light. It is no surprise, then, that curly maple has become a woodworker's favorite for accents, specialty furniture, musical instruments, and more. To make the figure in this curly maple really "pop", we recommend using an oil product (tung, linseed, etc.), as opposed to a stain. If a lacquer or urethane finish is necessary, adding a coat or two of clear wax-free shellac before the final finishing will ensure that the figure stands out.
S4S - Surfaced Four Sides
- Planed on top and bottom surfaces to be parallel.
- Both edges are straight-line ripped perpendicular to top and bottom surfaces and parallel to each other.
- This milling produces boards that are ready for your craftsmanship. All surfaces are parallel and square allowing ends to be cut square or at any angle you require. Boards with this milling can also easily be ripped to whatever width your project requires.
- Great for all crafts, casework, furniture pieces, boxes, moldings...really any project!
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.