Rockler Clamp-It Clips, 4-Packs
Slips over the top edges of any two panels, holding them at a 90° angle while you drive the nails or screws.
Lining up panels at a 90° angle while you drive nails or screws can be an exercise in frustration. Pieces tend to shift around, and your fingers are often too close to the business end of the nailer for comfort. That's where the Rockler Clamp-It Clips provide a welcome helping hand. They slip over the top corner of any two panels, holding them in perfect alignment while you drive the nails, screws or apply clamping pressure. They are available for two stock thicknesses: 1/2'' and 3/4''. The 1/2'' Clips are useful for drawer and small box construction, and also for cabinets with thinner 1/2'' casework, while the 3/4'' clips are ideal for cabinet construction with typical 3/4'' panel stock. For larger open cabinets and boxes, use the Clamp-It® Corner Clamping Jig (#58918, sold separately) to secure the bottom corner, and to prevent the panels from tipping.
- Holds the corners of boards and panels in perfect alignment while you drive fasteners
- Makes cabinet, drawer and box assembly easier and more accurate
- Choose clips for either 1/2'' (9/16'' max) or 3/4'' (13/16'' max) stock thicknesses
- Secure the bottom corner with a Clamp-It® Corner Clamping Jig (#58918, sold separately), fitted with an Assembly Square (#29190, sold separately)
- Smooth polypropylene clips slide easily over the edge of the panel, but won't mar the surface
- Clips nest together neatly for compact storage and easy transport to the assembly table
- Corner openings provide access for nail guns and drills
- Large tab provides gripping area for clip removal
- Reinforced design for superior strength
(4) Clamp-It Clips
Obviously these will not replace actual clamps, they won't tighten up your joints and hold them for screws or glue, but I have found them to be useful.
I found them useful for pre-assembly. To mock-up up all the parts to see if everything fits okay and all is well with your project.
Even though they will not replace clamps I was surprised at how tightly they fit on 3/4" plywood. They don't hold the joint tight, but they do hold the parts in place.
Like I said, wouldn't use them to hold boards for glue up or putting in something like pocket screws because they don't hold that tightly.
Made of quite heavy plastic (or some version of it), so I am sure they will out last me.
Over all, very happy with my purchase and I need to get more soon.
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood