Laguna PX|16 ShearTec II 5HP 1-Phase 16'' Planer
Features a massive 5HP motor and 16'' of cutting width, with a helical cutterhead and carbide inserts for an incredibly smooth finish and less noise.
Laguna's PX|16 Planer is loaded with features for convenience, power and versatility. Laguna planers have been torture-tested on the most difficult hardwood knots and changing grain direction to prove their fantastic cut quality. With 16'' of width, you can plane nearly any board and the powerful 5HP motor won't break a sweat. The ShearTecII helical cutterhead features solid carbide inserts that produce an incredibly smooth finish and produce far less noise. Snipe is virtually eliminated by the carefully located pressure bar, while the digital readout and speed controls are conveniently mounted at eye level and angled toward the user for improved ergonomics.
- Segmented infeed roller lets you feed multiple boards without having individual boards stall out due to small variations in thickness
- Infeed/outfeed rollers instead of cast iron tables for a more compact footprint
- DRO and speed control are mounted on the control panel and angled toward the user for better ergonomics
- Easy access to the ShearTecII head is provided via a hinged cover with a safety switch
- Large dust chute can be pointed left or right on the back of the machine for optimal hose routing
- Bed roller adjustment mechanism provides a highly refined movement
- Bed is secured by a 4-post system for consistent performance with every cut
- Infeed roller is serrated, while the pressure bar is located close to the cutterhead, virtually eliminating snipe
- ShearTecII cutterhead features 4-sided solid carbide inserts with a T-shoulder rather than a cone-shaped design, helping to prevent cracking of the inserts
- Another benefit of the hard T-shoulder versus the cone shape is that you don’t need to worry about the exact pressure the knife is set with—there is no flex in the T-shoulder design
- Each insert features a slightly crowned leading edge and is set in a spiral pattern for a true shear cut
- Deep gullets make dust and chips disappear quickly which produces a better finish
- ShearTecII inserts are 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, which is slightly larger and thicker than standard knives (14 x 14 x 2mm)
- ShearTecII cutterheads have one more advantage: they are quiet!
(1) Laguna PX|16 ShearTec II 5HP 1-Phase 16'' Planer
(4) Leveling feet with hardware
(1) Dust chute
With the Rockler Protection Plan you'll get accidental damage coverage immediately upon purchase of your tool. Plus we will extend the manufacturer's warranty for your choice of an additional 1 or 2 years. We'll take care of all parts and labor for any repairs with no deductibles and no hassles. If your tool can not be repaired we'll gladly replace it. Available in the US only. Click here to learn more.
Standard Manufacturer's Warranty: 24 months once registered in the first 30 days
|Manufacturer Part Number||MPLANPX16-0130|
- This item will ship directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Please allow up to 7 business days for your shipment to be prepared.
- Additional shipping charges may apply and will be noted below the price.
- Items shipped by truck are delivered to the curbside only.
- 25% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
- Please call customer service before returning product.
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood