Powermatic® 1 HP Drill Press, PM2800B
Powermatic's Drill Presses are known for their high level of performance and functionality. The PM2800B continues the tradition with its intuitive design and features. At Powermatic, we have a woodworker's intuition which drives our design process. We look for every opportunity to raise the workshop experience to new levels of performance and functionality. So when we set out to redefine what it means to use a Powermatic Drill Press, we wanted it to be as easy, and as intuitive as possible; to allow you to focus your creative energy on the tasks that make woodworking so rewarding. The PM2800B is the culmination of our efforts. The PM2800B brings simplicity to your shop. An ease of use that is truly unique. A level of mechanical elegance that you'll only find in a Powermatic.
- An over-sized cast iron base for stability and 2 independent LED work lights for improved visibility
- For improved accuracy it features a digital RPM readout, allowing you to optimize the spindle speed to the application
- Laser guides for accurate indication for the tool point
- Designed with reversible handles mounted to either side of the machine for a higher level of comfort while working the quill
- A work table that can be rotated to a full 90 degree position
- A keyless chuck and adjustable fence system (perfect for 9- degree relationship to the table) both allow for rapid production by reducing set up time
- The adjustable material stop makes repetitive actions accurate and quick
- For added simplicity the PM2800B Drill Press also features a mechanical variable speed allows for full range of speed with no belt changes and a safety key prevents accidental starting
- Pushes the limits of design, innovation, and durability
- There is an additional $85.00 shipping charge for this item.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated Delivery time: 15 business days.
- 15% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
- The carrier will need to know if delivery is to a residential address. There is no charge for this.
- The delivery truck will need a lift gate if loading dock is not available (we'll ask you about that during checkout). There is no charge for this.
- Please call customer service before returning product.
(1) Instruction Manual
|Manufacturer Part Number||1792800B|
|Dimensions||15" x 58"|
|Spindle Speed||250 - 3000 RPM|
|Drill Presses Type||Floor Mount|
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
After getting a replacement for defective laser, drill press works well, with the exception of a little more runout (play) in the operation than I would like. A 1/16” bit shows some wobble at all speeds.
The variable speed feature is great.
I am still not comfortable enough with laser positioning to trust it without running the bit (non rotating) down to the intended drill point.
, but it is good for preliminary setup.
8 months ago
Chuck for heavy work.
1 year ago
I found that 2 people are needed for most of the assembly, especially putting the table on. Like the previous review, I put he head on by leaving it in the box and sliding the post into it. I needed 2 helpers to right it, 2 to lift and 1 to prevent the base from sliding across the floor.
While the machine is spectacular, I am giving it 4 stars as it cannot be completely turned off - the power light and speed indicator are always on.
over 3 years ago
1 year ago
The variable speed motor saves changing belt arrangements and the light and cross hair work very well. The only part I may change to later is a keyed chuck to grip the bits better. In the meantime I use Milwaukee identical sized hex shank bits which prevent slippage and make changing from one size to the next quick.
Also added Mobile base under the wider wood base and it works very well together. Just added the Rockler fence with dust port and hooked it up to Dewalt hepa vac w auto power switch so the vac turns on and off w drill press. The table is excellent. Very large and stable and easy to raise or even tilt.
I highly recommend the Powermatic, and view it as the last drill press I will need to buy.
Pete, Aug 2017