Rockler Complete Dovetail Jig
Cutting beautiful through and half-blind dovetails is fast and easy with our new and improved dovetail jig! Rockler's exclusive one-piece stop gives you the perfect offset every time for dead-on dovetailing accuracy. And our new preset template guide allows for quick initial setup for 1/2" to 3/4" thick stock. Jig will cut half-blind dovetailed joints from 1/2" to 1-1/8" thick and full through dovetails from 3/8" to 3/4" thick.
- Accommodates stock up to 11" wide
- 8mm diameter bits are 25% larger than typical 1/4" bits, reduce chatter and fit all existing Rockler dovetail jigs
- Preset template and fence locations clearly marked for standard thickness stock
- Clamping bars include abrasive surface to grip stock and prevent slipping
- Depth gauge on template for setting dovetail bit height for half-blind joints
- Requires router with 1/2" collet.
- Requires a router base plate that accepts template guide bushings.
(2) Phenolic Templates
(1) 1/2'' x 14° x 8mm Shank, Carbide-Tipped Router Bit
(1) 1/2'' x 8° x 8mm Shank, Carbide-Tipped Router Bit
(1) 5/16'' x 8mm Shank, Straight Carbide-Tipped Router Bit
(1) 1/2'' to 8mm Collet Adapter
(1) 7/16'' Guide Bushing (fits Porter Cable router opening for Guide Bushings)
(1) Detailed eight-page instruction booklet
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
2 months ago
6 months ago
1 year ago
5 months ago
6 months ago
10 months ago
over 4 years ago
11 months ago
1 year ago
For first timers, the instructions aren't the greatest, so plan of setting aside several "test: boards.
I actually don't know because I've only used the Rockler system. I can certainly vouch for it! My view is that systems within the same price range will be similar in specs ... If you need greater width than 12 inches, say, you will be spending more. But if your just doing boxes or drawers, Rockler is your man!!
v t y
The kit includes the required adapter to accommodate the 8mm diameter bit shank in the 1/2" collet.
(They look similar but I think the porter-cable seams a bit more stable. Would love to compare side by side.)
- Rockler's Complete Dovetail Jig with Dovetail Jig Dust Collector ComboSpecial Price $169.98 Regular Price $234.98
- Leigh Super 12'' Dovetail Jig$279.00
- Leigh Super 18'' Dovetail Jig$399.00
- Leigh Super 24'' Dovetail Jig$499.00