The TREND AIRSHIELD PRO is not a RESPIRATOR nor a NIOSH approved device. This filter will not protect your lungs against harmful dust/vapors or toxic fumes. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, read instruction manual.
Trend® Air Circulating Airshield Pro
Protect your lungs, face and eyes during virtually any woodworking task with the air-circulating Trend® Airshield Pro. Its built-in fan circulates filtered air to prevent fogging, provide cooling and protect users from dust particulates down to 0.6 microns in size at a 98% efficiency rate. This model also meets ANSI Z87+ standards for eye-protection. It features an improved headband with a ratchet suspension and pivoting nape back strap for enhanced comfort, fit and durability. The nickel metal hydride battery allows for up to eight hours of operation on a full charge, twice the length of previous models. Includes a charger, airflow indicator and pre-installed plastic film overlay to prevent buildup of sap after heavy turning jobs, and to prevent scratching.
- Protects against solid particulates down to .6 microns
- Twin filters with 98% efficiency.
- New high-impact eye protection rating of ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2010.
- Suitable for use when machining MDF.
- Approved to new European standard BS EN 12941.
- Combination face-seal and hood improves protection.
- Motor positioned away from forehead to reduce noise.
- Strategically designed for balance and comfort.
- Audible low battery warning.
- The TREND AIRSHIELD PRO is not a RESPIRATOR nor a NIOSH approved device. This filter will not protect your lungs against harmful dust/vapors or toxic fumes. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, read instruction manual.
(1) Pair of THP2 fine filters
(1) 8-hour battery
(1) Battery charger
(1) Carrying bag
(1) Clear visor overlay (pre-installed)
(1) Airflow indicator
|Manufacturer Part Number||U*AIR/PRO|
2 months ago
over 2 years ago
8 months ago
9 months ago
I am getting use to the weight, I barely notice the fan noise anymore when tools are not running.
I produce a lot of fine heavy dust and I don't get any of it inside the mask. My eyes have not had any dust since I started using it and because I am not using a standard half face mask it is very easy to breath and the circulating air is wonderful. I highly recommend it.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
Once a month is probably a good rule of thumb.
I did that the first time I installed the battery.
Make sure the switch is fully engaged and battery charger is fully seated during charge...
If you aren't having success visit the folks at Rockler!
Carefully vacuuming the filter will pull the dust back the direction it attached and proling filter life..
As this is the fundamental purpose of this expensive device I would recommend filter replacement at least every other cleaning..
The cost of filters compared to your health is not worth skimping.. Though I do understand the issue of cost...
Always think of your own protection over cost..
Having been a safety coordinator in the semiconductor industry I would only recommend a NIOSH rated filter/respirator...
Good luck out there... remember the route of entry for VOC chemicals is through the lungs.
If you're really sure that the connections are good, then yes you need a new battery. I get at least 4 hours per charge. Rechargeable batteries only last for 500-1000 cycles unless they're high-end batteries babied by sophisticated algorithms.
- Replacement Filters for Trend® AirShield ProSpecial Price $49.99 Regular Price $64.99 SAVE $15 (23%)