Bench Dog No. 60-1/2 Block Plane
A low angle, adjustable mouth and precision machining promise superior performance when trimming end grain and edge grain.
An acute bedding angle, finely adjustable mouth opening and top-quality fit and finish combine to create a block plane that makes quick work of adjusting miters, joinery and fitting doors and drawers. The sole is precision ground for flatness right out of the box. Easily adjust the mouth opening to achieve the finest shavings, while minimizing tearout. Since the frog and base are a one-piece casting, and the blade is machined from thick 1/8'' steel, chatter is virtually eliminated. Fine grain castings are on par with many top-of-the-line hand planes. Each plane includes a case, sock and a Certificate of Inspection with measurements specific to your plane for sole flatness and blade hardness.
- Ideal for trimming and adjusting miters, joinery and fitting doors and drawers
- Ductile cast iron body for superior strength and resistance to impact
- Adjustable mouth lets you narrow the blade opening for reduced tearout
- Easy depth-of-cut adjustment and lateral blade adjustment
- Solid brass cap iron and threaded fittings for smooth action
- Sole of plane and back of blade are flat to tight tolerances
- Blade and sole are treated with a protective layer of oil
- Certificate of Inspection included for each tool
- Minimal setup and tuning required before use
(1) Bench Dog® Tools No. 60-1/2 Block Plane
(1) Plane sock
(1) Black storage case
(1) Certificate of Inspection
(1) Owner's manual
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.