Bench Dog No. 62 Low Angle Jack Plane
Bench Dog's No. 62 Low Angle Jack Plane is among the most versatile planes available. Thanks to its adjustable mouth, it can take rough surfacing cuts and fine smoothing cuts equally in stride. The 25° blade is set bevel-up at a low bedding angle of 12°, creating a total effective angle of 37°. This low attack angle slices through difficult grain, including end grain. The blade is exceptionally thick for chatter-free planing. Quality materials, precision machining and solid construction result in a hand plane that's an absolute pleasure to use. The sole is precision ground flat. The blade is made from thick 3/16'' hardened carbon steel for reduced chatter and excellent edge retention. Solid sapele is used for the comfortable tote and knob, adding a touch of elegance. Each plane includes a case, sock, manual and a Certificate of Inspection with measurements specific to your plane for sole flatness and blade hardness.
- Ideal for flattening, squaring, smoothing and shooting end grain
- Ductile cast iron body for superior strength and resistance to impact
- Adjustable mouth lets you narrow the opening for fine shavings
- Solid brass cap iron and threaded fittings for smooth action
- Sole of plane and back of blade are flat to tight tolerances
- Blade and sole are treated with a protective layer of oil
- Certificate of Inspection included for each tool
- Minimal setup and tuning required before use
(1) Bench Dog® Tools No. 62 Low Angle Jack Plane
(1) Plane sock
(1) Black storage case
(1) Certificate of Inspection
(1) Owner's manual
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.