Rockler High-Speed Steel 3/8'' Spindle Gouge
Cut crisp coves, beads and other details in your spindle turnings—features premium Austrian HSS blade with our popular ergonomic ash handle encased in rubber.
Cutting crisp coves and beads on your spindle turnings will be a pleasure with this tool, featuring high-quality Austrian steel and Rockler's premium ash handle with rubber overmold for improved comfort and control. With a 3/8'' shank it's also great for general shaping, and is ideal for those who prefer a traditional resharpenable turning tool over the newer carbide insert tools. Thanks to its comfortably contoured handle with shock-absorbing rubber, you'll spend hours at the lathe without undue fatigue. And since you can sharpen them yourself, you'll cut down on expenses too. Made from premium Austrian tool steel, it will leave an impressive finish that needs only the slightest sanding. Full-size handle is generously sized at 13'' long.
- Premium ash handle is coated with a soft, grippy rubber for a secure, effortless grip and excellent ergonomics
- Blade is made from high-quality S600 Austrian high-speed steel (equivalent to M2)
- 19-1/4'' long, with a 13'' long handle (the same handle as Rockler Full-Size Carbide Turning Tools)
(1) Rockler High-Speed Steel 3/8'' Spindle Gouge
- Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood