October 2020 Woodworker's Journal Free Plan: Sunflower Clock
This Sunflower Clock will brighten any room with its yellow petals and dark brown face. The tapered petals are easy to cut using the Rockler Small Parts Taper Jig and a table saw. We used a combination of solid wenge, solid yellowheart and cherry plywood to make this clock. These specialty woods are available from Rockler , but if you have trouble finding them, you could substitute walnut for the wenge and maple that is dyed yellow for the yellowheart. You could also use Baltic birch plywood for all of the parts and color the parts with dye stain.
This plan is one of the many Premium Plans that are exclusively available to Woodworker's Journal subscribers. It's FREE to Rockler customers for the month of October 2020. See more Woodworker's Journal Premium Plans.
Sunflower Clock Project Materials
- 1/4" x 3" x 24" – Wenge 27291)
- 1/4" x 3" x 24" – Yellowheart - #30113 (3)
- 1/4" x 24'' x 48'' - Cherry Plywood - #44133 (1)
- Small Parts Taper Jig - #57550
- Mini Quartz Movements - 3/4" Face Thickness - #35122 (1)
- Popsicle Stick Clock Hands - #62101 (1 set)
- 5/16''-diameter Drill Bit - #56813